american soccer players is the ultimate AML mystery and catchphrase. Liam was gone one day and Adam and Marcus were hanging out. Liam got back and noticed they were using the catchphrase "american soccer players" a lot, and asked what it meant. They wouldn't tell him because they were mad at him for not being there to play in the first place. Liam brought it up every couple months, but never was told the true meaning.
Eventually Adam told Liam he would tell him the story behind it after he finished his freshman year of college. Liam failed to meet the deadline, so it was extended to after his sophomore year. On May 9, 2007, it was finally revealed to Liam.
One day around 1998, Marcus and Adam wanted to go ride to Circuit City to buy Super Smash Brothers with Liam. However, when they went to Liam's house, they were informed that he had to go to some obligation (probably a boy scout meeting). They biked to Circuit City, but couldn't find the game. Marcus was so mad that he called his mom to have them picked up. On the way back, they were brainstorming ideas on how to get back at Liam. They decided they should make up a joke that day and then never tell him about it so he would be sad that he missed the chance to hang out with them. While trying to think of a joke, they settled on the topic of Jay Rosen. After thinking for a while, they remembered that Jay liked soccer. Adam told Marcus that Jay had a bumper sticker on his truck that said something about American Soccer. Suddenly, Marcus came up with an idea. He unbuckled his seatbelt and stood up in the back seat of the van. He yelled "This is how Jay jacks off! (Jay impression) Ohhh... tits. Wait, screw tits... AMERICAN SOCCER PLAYERS!" and started making the jacking off motion.
Adam and Marcus thought that was hilarious and then proceeded to do it around Liam a lot to torment him. For years, Liam was kept in the dark about the catchphrase. One day, on August 31, 2005, Adam made a bet with Liam over AIM. The original bet was that when Liam finished his last final of his freshman year of college (May 12, 2006) and reminded Adam to tell him about it, Adam would tell him what american soccer players means. Liam had until the end of the day (12:00 AM) to remind Adam about the bet.
On May 5, 2006, Liam announced to Adam that his plans were changing. He was going to stay at his parents' new house in Astoria for two days before returning to Clackamas.
- bulbaliface(12:29:32 AM): hey i won't be back until may 15
- bulbaliface(12:29:36 AM): so american socca playas then
- Folex8 (12:29:42 AM): the 15th now?
- bulbaliface (12:29:43 AM): i'm going to astoria for a weekend
- Folex8 (12:29:45 AM): gotcha
- Folex8 (12:29:53 AM): so you can remind me on thed 15?
- bulbaliface (12:30:01 AM): nah
- bulbaliface (12:30:02 AM): by the 12th
Liam had forgotten he had this conversation with Adam, and mistakenly thought he had to remind him by the 15th. He took his finals as usual on the 12th without mentioning anything about american soccer players. Liam went to Astoria and drove home on the 14th. On the 14th he called Adam up and reminded him about it. Adam called him back at 10:30 PM and told him that the deal was off. Liam had forgot to remind him on the 12th.
Bulbaliface (12:29:41 AM): i'm going to astoria for a weekend
- Folex8 (12:29:43 AM): gotcha
- Folex8 (12:29:51 AM): so you can remind me on thed 15?
- Bulbaliface (12:29:59 AM): nah
- Bulbaliface (12:30:00 AM): by the 12th
- Bulbaliface: FUCK
- Bulbaliface: OH FUCK
- Folex8: now what ass
- Folex8: NOW WHAT
- Bulbaliface: when was the last time i reminded you
- Folex8: Looks like you'll have to wait ANOTHER 4 years
- Bulbaliface: 1 year
- Bulbaliface: make it 1 year
- Folex8: fine 1
- Folex8: hahahha
- Bulbaliface: oh my god
- Folex8: 'im lollin so bad right now
- Bulbaliface: I can't believe i fucking forgot.
- Folex8: you need to update this
- Bulbaliface: this isn't fair
- Bulbaliface:i was thinking the whole time that i need to remind you by the time ig et home
- Bulbaliface: so on the way home i called your phone and left a message
- Folex8: Rules are rules
- Bulbaliface: I was thinking about it so much but I wasn't clear on the rules. My fault
- Bulbaliface: like i never actually thought about reminding you
- Bulbaliface: i figured it was enough that i had it in my head
- Folex8: The world will never discover what this mystery phrase means.
- Bulbaliface: except for in one year when I remind you ON THE DAY of my last final
- Folex8: THE DAY
- Folex8: So we ar clear
- Folex8: you have until 11:59pm
- Bulbaliface: yep, anytime during the day should count,
- Bulbaliface: yeah from 12 AM to then
On May 9, 2007, Adam finally revealed the secret behind american soccer players.