Jimmuji Station

Jimmuji Station (神武寺駅, Jinmuji-eki) is a railway station on the Keikyu Zushi Line in Zushi, Kanagawa, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Keikyu.

KK52
Jimmuji Station

神武寺駅
Jimmuji Station building in July 2015
Location2-11-2 Ikego, Zushi-shi, Kanagawa-ken
Japan
Coordinates35°18′22.19″N 139°35′34.23″E
Operated byKeikyu
Line(s)KK Keikyu Zushi Line
Platforms2 side platforms
Tracks2
Other information
Station codeKK52
WebsiteOfficial website
History
Opened1 April 1931
Traffic
Passengers (FY2008)6,240 daily
Location
Jimmuji Station
Location within Kanagawa Prefecture
Jimmuji Station
Jimmuji Station (Japan)

Lines

Jimmuji Station is served by the Keikyu Zushi Line branch line from Kanazawa-hakkei to Shinzushi. It is located 4.1 km from the junction at Kanazawa-hakkei Station, and 45.0 km from the starting point of the line at Shinagawa Station.

Station layout

Jimmuji Station has two side platforms serving two tracks. The platforms are connected by a level crossing for passenger use. A dedicated entrance and exit is provided on the north side of the station for US Navy personnel, which links directly to the adjoining Ikego housing complex.

On the north side of the station are narrow gauge (1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)) storage tracks used for transferring rolling stock from J-TREC's Yokohama factory to JR East's tracks at Zushi Station.

Platforms

1 KK Keikyu Zushi Line for Zushi·Hayama
2 KK Keikyu Zushi Line for Yokohama, Shinagawa, and Haneda Airport (Terminal 3 and Terminal 1·2)

Adjacent stations

Service
Keikyu Zushi Line
Mutsuura   Limited Express (Tokkyū)   Zushi·Hayama
Mutsuura   Airport Express   Zushi·Hayama
Mutsuura   Local   Zushi·Hayama

History

The station entrance in July 2006

Jimmuji Station opened on April 1, 1931, as a temporary stop on the Shōnan Electric Railway, the predecessor to the current Keikyu. It was initially located 300 meters towards Kanagawa Hakkei than the present station. It became a full station on June 11, 1936. In 1942, the Shōnan Electric Railway became part of the Tokyu Corporation, and Jimmuji Station was relocated to its present address on September 1, 1944. In 1948, the Keihin Electric Railway (later Keikyu) spun out from the Tokyu Corporation. A new station building was completed in March 2007.

Surrounding area

  • CFAY Ikego Housing Detachment
  • Kanagawa Prefectural Zushi High School
  • Toshoji Temple (東昌寺)

See also

References

  • Miura, Kazuo. Keikyū Kakuekiteisha to Kamakura Monogatari. Inban Publishing (1998). ISBN 4-8083-0624-7 (in Japanese)
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.